McKinney Petroleum Equipment, founded in 1933, is seeking a technician for the Florida panhandle area.
At McKinney Petroleum Equipment we do more than sell, service and install equipment, we build relationships. McKinney Petroleum Equipment specializes in installation, sales, and service of petroleum, commercial, and industrial equipment and systems. We represent many major manufacturers for fueling equipment, lubrication equipment and industrial equipment.
Service technicians are responsible for start-up, trouble shooting and repairing of fuel dispensers, POS systems and other related fuel equipment systems.
The job is best suited for someone that works well independently and can be trusted to handle confidential and sensitive information.
This person must be a proactive problem-solver, able to thrive in a fast-paced ever changing work environment, have the ability to develop rapport with customers and be able to maintain strong work relationships, have the will to serve customers well, experienced with (or willing to learn about) resolving electronic, mechanical, and hydraulic failures, using such tools as laptop computers, communication analyzers and digital multi-meters, and manufacturer guides and instructions.
JOB REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must have basic computer, networking, electrical and mechanical skills.
- A technician must have their own basic hand tools, have a good driving record and be willing to submit to a pre-employment drug testing, DOT medical exam as well as a criminal background check.
- Comply with all applicable Federal, State & Local Safety practices regulations and requirements.
- Capable of lifting equipment weighing 75 lbs.
- Willingness to work in varied weather conditions.
- Able to work an on-call rotation and work flexible hours while on call.
- A successful technician will maintain a positive attitude, work well under pressure, and pay great attention to detail. Analytical and problem-solving skills are a must.
- Be a team player working with all other team members to provide excellent customer service.
- Maintain a valid driver license and clean driving record.
- Pass annual DOT physical and random drug testing
- Perform service calls in a professional, timely and quality manner while successfully managing multiple priorities.
- Complete required “paperwork” for each call at the time of service.
- Complete training courses in a timely manner to maintain required current certifications.
- Act as a resource for customers and co-workers; provide assistance and product support in order to maintain long-term relationships.
- Perform calibrations per states weights and measures requirements.
Why work with McKinney Petroleum Equipment
McKinney is dedicated to long-lasting relationships with our customers and our employees. We have excellent benefits that include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401K with Match
- Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability
- Company Vehicle (Dispatched from Home)
- Paid Training
- Safety Shoe Program
- Cancer Policy
- Cell Phone
* Some benefits above may have eligibility & waiting periods.
McKinney Petroleum Equipment is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, protected veteran status or individuals with a disability.
Thank you for your application. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.